2023 Canadian Fluid Milk Report
One of Field Agent’s most popular reports on the Canadian grocery industry is back! The March 2023 edition of the Canadian Fluid Milk report is the most comprehensive look at the prices Canadians pay for one of the most common items in the Grocery basket - 2% Milk.
Key Highlights - Changes Since February 2022:
- Canadian milk prices increased in all 20 markets measured
- 4L Milk prices increased an average of 8.8% over the past year.
- Comparative Prices at Walmart US stores decreased 12% over the same period
- The gap between cow's milk and milk alternatives (soy, almond, etc.) appears to be narrowing and in some markets Almond milk was cheaper than cow's milk.
- Most expensive market for 4L milk was Charlottetown, PEI
- Least expensive market for 4L milk was Sudbury, ON